Who we are
Sportening is a new sports-focused social app, revolutionising how fans around the world interact with one another. Our mission is to empower and connect the world’s sports fans, providing them with a personalised space to meet, exchange views and feel closer to the teams they love.
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to join our design team as a Product Designer working within our cross-functional Social Vertical and help us drive user engagement and connection as we work toward making Sportening the world’s leading social platform for sports fans.
What you’ll do
- Work closely with other product designers, product managers, engineers, and various stakeholders, to iteratively shape high-quality design solutions that add value to our users, from discovery, definition, ideation to execution of a high-quality solutions
- Leverage your visual design skills, UI and UX expertise to design end-to-end flows and experiences that are simple, elegant, intuitive and engaging
- You’ll spend a lot of time in Figma, so ensure you have a good understanding of how the tool works, from design to prototyping.
- Proactively solicit and provide feedback from designers and a broader product team in order to continually raise our bar for quality and enhance our user’s experience
- Define how an experience should behave based on understanding people's needs and use your prototyping skills to demonstrate how a particular flow or interaction will work
- Participate in conducting user research, usability testing, analyzing product metrics etc.
Who you are
- 3+ years of design experience and having shipped a web/app product for a variety of services and platforms
- Product thinking and vision. You’re more concerned with the “why” than the “how”
- Excitement to dig into experiment data to help inform design iterations and whether something should ship
- A high level of craft and experience building design systems
- Passionate about solving sophisticated design challenges.
- Have empathy for your customers and can anticipate user needs..
- Experience partnering with product managers to develop the strategy and rationale for product features.
- You are a critical thinker who enjoys making data-supported recommendations
- Value high quality well crafted visual design, and care about the details
What’s in it for you
- Top-notch “tech pack” (a.k.a.: the latest and greatest hardware) that you need to help Sportening move the needle, right from day one.
- An attractive individual stock option plan in a high growth company, and a competitive salary
- Learning & development opportunities
- A brand new HQ office located in Zagreb’s future sports-tech hub
- Most importantly, the opportunity to learn & grow as part of Sportening's incredible journey to become the World’s #1 vertical community for sports fans